Sunday, July 8, 2012

9 Weeks!

Somehow, I can't keep up with how fast this little girl is growing! I am loving every minute of my time off with her (so I don't want to spend much time at the computer!). However, I am going to try to get caught up on these posts. I have decided that I will only do weekly posts through the end of my maternity leave, which is 16 weeks. I find myself getting sad that the end of this time is creeping up on me... But in those moments of being sad, I try to be thankful for how amazing this has been and just choose to focus on living in that moment with her.  And know that I love my job as a nurse and am beyond thankful that I get to be a nurse AND a mommy. Enough of that for now... I'm getting a little teary-eyed :)

Jane, you are such a joy! Each week, your little personality emerges a little more. You are such a good and easy baby, and your mommy and daddy are so thankful! We are still playing the paci game at nap and bed times, putting it in a couple of times to keep you asleep. However, we will take it since you continue to be such a good sleeper (besides that small issue!).  You are consistently going to bed at 7pm and waking up once to feed, and sleeping until 6 or 7 am. Whoa! Your weeks pretty much consist of napping and visiting with all of our amazing family and friends. This week, we went to have lunch at GrandNan's house and you were able to visit with your cousins! They all adore you and take turns talking to you and playing with you. So sweet. Then, when Daddy had to go out of town for a few days, you and I packed it up to GoGo and GrandDad's house for a few days. Again, you bring so much fun and joy to our lives! We spend a good amount of time at the pool, and you love the water (in 15 minute chunks!). You play in the water and then go nap for a couple of hours, so mommy can enjoy it too. 

Here are your pictures from this week taken in your room. We spend lots of time in this chair, rocking and reading. So special. 






Jake is quickly becoming your BFF. Wherever you are in the house, he is there too. Every time I take you to your room to change you or put you down, he comes in there and lays down too. He is so sweet and gentle with you, only giving you the occasional lick. 


You are loving your playmat more and more, and we spend lots of time up in the bonus room. You lay on your mat or sit up in your bumbo. Such a big, strong girl! 

We love you so much, Jane, and cannot imagine our lives without you. You make each day more fun and special. We treasure these times with you and pray each night that you always know how loved you are- by us and by God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment