Life is in full swing over here, and I cannot believe how quickly the weeks fly by. I have started back to work, so our five month post got a little delayed... Work is going great. I am loving being back with all of my friends, and doing a job that truly gives me a lot of satisfaction. It is actually wonderful to get to work with kids everyday... it gives me lots of opportunities to talk about Jane! And I think in any other environment, I would be very annoying. You guys, I have been around babies my whole life... it seems impossible to be so obsessed with one tiny human. But I am. I just love this girl! She lights up my life in a way I didn't even know I was missing! She is just a little (or BIG) bundle of love and joy. I can't get enough of her. I do miss her when I work, but it has made me just that much more thankful for our days off together. I eat up every second of playing, feeding, diapers, laundry, napping, and all the other things that were starting to feel mundane. At the end of September, Rob and I were able to go on a little 5 day trip to Destin with some of our best friends. We all left our kiddos at home, and had an amazing, relaxing trip. Jane stayed with her GoGo and Grandad, and had the best time. I missed her so much, but it was a much needed break for us, and I would do it all over again. We came home tan and rested... But boy, was I happy to see her!
Jane is growing and changing daily, and doing all the exciting (or not really) things that babies do:
- She REALLY wants to sit up and is working really hard at it. Poor thing is tired of laying on her back and loves to be in an upright position as much as possible.
- I think she is actually teething right now, and we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of a first tooth!
- She has been eating cereal for about a month and baby food for a few weeks. She loves it- big surprise. This child loves to eat!
- She is smiling ALL the time and has started to just grin at strangers who talk to her... I love that and just want her to be super friendly.
- She is fascinated by Jake and Ruby- always watching them, and lately she is wanting to grab at them.
- She is going to be the next "Hands McGee" and wants to reach and grab anything in our hands... and then put it in her mouth!
- We lay her dow to sleep on her belly, but she quickly rolls to her left side. And then ends up on her back and all over the crib by the time she wakes up. She is still sleeping from 7-7... I told you she's amazing! With about 4 hours of napping during the day. All this sleeping and eating, she is still at the 97th percentile!
|Oh, this sweet little grin melts my heart.|
|Bald little peach-fuzz-head.|
|Lately, EVERYONE says how she looks just like her daddy.|
|Still loving the thumb.|
|I have a feeling this is just going to get more and more complicated!|
|This girl loves her lovies. Anything in this soft fabric is a lovie, and as soon as she feels it, the thumb goes in her mouth!|
Jane, you can't even begin to imagine how much your daddy and I love you. You have changed our lives in SO many ways, and we wouldn't have it any other way. We never thought we would be so content to be home every night by 6:30! You are such a gift to us, and we can't wait to watch you continue to grow. This is my prayer for you every night: May God bless you and keep you, and make his face shine upon you, and give you peace. We love you, little bug.