I loved Jane from the minute I laid eyes on her. Actually, I think I loved her even when she was still in my tummy. But now, I L-O-V-E her. Really and truly, ya'll. When she was a newborn, I loved her but I didn't have this I-can't-get-enough-can't-live-without-her love. That love is in full bloom around here... and I don't think its just me. Rob is pretty smitten with this baby too. Jane Emerson, you continue to provide more joy and fun than I could have imagined. You make me smile and melt my heart faster than anything else.
Jane is now 4 months old! I truly can't believe it. I have obviously slacked off on my blogging and did not meet my weekly picture goal. But that's fine. I quickly started to realize my maternity leave was coming to a close and I wanted to soak up every. single. second. And I really think I did. I have now completed my first week back at work, and it was great! I was so happy to be back with people I really enjoy, doing a job that brings me a lot of satisfaction. I got to talk about Jane all day and show off pictures of my sweet girl. The time flew by, and before I knew it I was home, holding her. I am working 3 days a week from 6 to 4:30 at Vanderbilt Children's. I am working in the Holding Room/ PACU, taking care of children before and after surgeries. I have worked here on and off since 2007, and the people there are truly friends. My mom will be keeping Jane for these first couple of weeks every day that I am working. And in two weeks, my sister will be moving to Nashville and will be keeping Jane 2 days a week. Jaime's husband, Eric, is an engineer for the Navy and is being deployed for 6-9 months (bummer!). The only upside is that Jaime will be moving here temporarily and is going to nanny for Jane for those months. She is working on her Master's in Accounting online right now, and will be able to work on that at the same time. We are beyond thrilled with this set-up, and I know that it is making my return to work SO much easier. Seriously, I can't even put words to how much it means to be leaving her with family. Anyways, we are super thankful as we step into this new phase of life!
Jane, you are doing something new every day, and I am loving watching you grow and discover your little world. Here are some things you have been doing lately:
- You are still eating about every 3-4 hours during the day. It's pretty much your favorite thing in the world (as evidenced by all that yummy chub), and you cry when mealtime is over :).
- At night, you go 12 hours between feedings, which is amazing for me!
- You had acquired a nasty paci habit, and were crying out for it about 4 times a night. So, two weeks ago, we cut the paci cold turkey. We had a rough couple of days (GoGo came to help!), but you were a rockstar. After 3 days, you were hardly fussing when we laid you down and were sleeping so much better. You have now learned to self soothe, and are happy to go to sleep in your bed and often wake up and lay there and talk and play for a long while.
- This past week, you have discovered your thumb. You pop it in your mouth when you start to get sleepy, and it definitely calms and comforts you immediately. It's pretty cute, and I love that you can find it and put it in yourself.
- We lay you down to sleep on your tummy, but you immediately push to your left side to sleep. You can roll from your tummy to your back, which took a while to figure out!
- You are so smiley, and are working on laughing. Sometimes I can't believe how big you are smiling without laughing. The best is when we come in to get you in the morning. You have THE biggest smile on your face.
- You love walks in the stroller- which is good because we go walking daily.
- You love to coo and talk, and it makes me and your daddy smile just to hear you.
We love you, Jane, and can't imagine life without you. Thank you for all you add to our little family and we look forward to continuing to watch you grow.
|This is the best smile I could capture. Who knew it would be so hard to capture that smile?!|
|Found my thumb.|
|Dresses are so cute, but all she does is pick them up and stuff them in her mouth! Needless to say, we took it off after the photo shoot.|
|This is boring, Mom.|
|This face is hilarious... But it really is the face she makes before she starts to fuss. Check out those chinS.|
|I took this because I just want to be sure to remember that sweet little bald head!|