Thursday, June 7, 2012

Baby Jane: 5 Weeks

Hello! 

My attempt today is to get caught up on these weekly posts! How in the world do the weeks fly by so quickly?? When I'm in the moment, I feel like I have spent my whole day feeding and rocking, and then I look up and its been 5 weeks. Holy moly. This baby is getting sweeter every day- if that is possible. She definitely has her fussy moments, and has challenged us both in so many ways. Besides just teaching me to be a mommy, she is making me a better person. I never realized how selfish I really am... And how much I love to have control over my situation. She is her own little person, and I can't control her. And she isn't going to be perfect, as much as I'd like her to be.... Oh! So these are all the things people have been telling me I would learn about myself :)

My weekly photo shoots have been a lesson in and of themselves. You will see her in 2 different outfits... Not because we had a wardrobe change. But because I did not choose a good time of day, she had a meltdown and we had to try again another day. Live and learn! 

She smiled at me the first time the day before her 5 week birthday! Oh, be still my heart. It made every. single. minute worth it. The smiles are a more regular occurrence these days, but she still makes you work for it! But that dimple is worth every bit of effort. 

How I captured this smile I will never know!!?? Please note her one eye closed. Cuteness. And after this cuteness, she promptly started squalling. Just wait, you'll see. Attempt #1. 




Wait for it.... 


Attempt #2




Ya'll... this face!! How can you stand it?! I know you want to jump through the screen and kiss those cheeks! 


6 weeks coming right up! 

1 comment:

  1. healthy, healthy 6 week old! she is so long! and adorable!

    ReplyDelete