Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Pregnancy Themed Post

Being pregnant is really weird (and great). For a lot of reasons...  When you first find out you're pregnant, you're super excited... And also a little freaked out that it all actually worked! And then, for the next 5 or 6 months, you don't look pregnant. (And if you're me, you don't really feel it either.) It's not like I forgot I was pregnant, but it was just that there was nothing to document. So I didn't document. My belly wasn't big enough to take pictures of. And I am one of those lucky, lucky girls who felt great... so I had no pregnancy woes to document either. Other than weight gain- ha. (I know, some of you should hate me for how great I felt. Like I said- LUCKY.) I was running and carrying on with life pretty much as normal. And then, one day,  I started to get a belly, and I just never documented it. All of a sudden,  right at 34 weeks, I started to feel sad and guilty that I had done zero documentation of this sweet stage in my life/our lives. And I felt guilty. (Sorry, Baby Jane). So I took some belly pictures. And here they are...

34 weeks

35 weeks

36 weeks
38 weeks

Sigh. I feel better just having documented that. At least I wasn't a total failure a blogger :).

People have asked me if I just love being pregnant... And my answer is a complicated one. I think that being pregnant is an absolute miracle. It's obviously the design of a loving, intelligent, infinitely creative Creator. It's amazing and sweet, and I'm truly thankful each day that God has allowed me and Rob to experience this. So many couples aren't able to, and I want to be sure to absolutely treasure this time and truly count it as a blessing. It honestly is a miracle

 And I have felt really good pretty much the entire time, so I loooove that part of it. The only negative is that I have not enjoyed feeling like I can't do the things I usually can do. I stopped running at about 24 weeks at the request from my midwife. I have been able to keep walking and being active the rest of the time, so that is really great. I have just felt a little bit incapacitated, especially lately. I haven't been able to pick up heavy things (moving) or help with yard work, which are all things I would normally jump right in and help with.  I never understood why pregnant women were grunting and groaning and having a hard time bending over.. Well, I get it. I. Really. Get. It.  I'm sorry for all previous judgemental thoughts :).  

So, sweet, sweet Baby Jane... if you read this some day, I'm sorry I wasn't a "pinterest" mom and document my pregnancy as creatively and as thoroughly as I had thought I would. However, know that this time with you in my tummy has been so sweet and so much fun for both your dad and I. We wouldn't trade it for the world. And now, just hurry up and come out. We are so ready to meet you!!

4 comments:

  1. your face in these pics is hysterical. xoxo, haley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little blog update has made my DAY! :) You look absolutely wonderful! Also, don't feel guilty for not taking all sorts of pictures....a few years ago nobody did that! Can't wait to see baby Jane!

    xoxoxo,
    autie bitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pics of you in the green tank top. Seriously, looks like a tiny you with a basketball stuffed inside! I also love her room, especially the wall color. I am so excited for you guys! I bet you can't WAIT for her to come at this point! Hope your labor and delivery goes as smoothly as your pregnancy has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lara....as a future pinterest mother I feel you must continue to apologize to baby jane. no, seriously you look awesome and im glad she is HERE!

    ReplyDelete